Last modified: December 22, 2020
Gnarlywood, LLC ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.gnarlywoodgroup.com/ (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Website.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries). This also includes any website operated by Warner Music Group; or
• Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at:
2081 Faraday Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Invalid hyperlink URL for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gnarlywood, LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Gnarlywood, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gnarlywood, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order/registration form) or You may contact us at: email@example.com. You can also always opt out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order/registration form) or by You may contact us at: email@example.com or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order/registration form) or by You may contact us at: email@example.com or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CCPA privacy notice for California Residents.
California's "shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 2081 Faraday Ave, Carlsbad, California 92008.
Your UK And EU Rights
Under UK and EU law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection regulators, and the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) is the UK’s lead regulator. You can find out how to raise a concern with the ICO by visiting their website at www.ico.org.uk. If you’re within the EU, you may also get in touch with your local Data Protection Regulator who may liaise with the ICO on your behalf.
You have a number of rights under European Data Protection law as detailed below. These rights apply to all of our users:
2. Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
3. Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
4. Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
5. Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
6. Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
7. Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
8. Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
Gnarlywood has designated a Data Protection Officer and they can be reached by emailing email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
2081 Faraday Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008.
If you want to exercise any of your rights listed above, please visit our Contact Us Page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us by post at the following address:
2081 Faraday Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Where is my personal data kept?
We want you to be able to access your information wherever you happen to be in the world. To enable us to provide that service, we operate a global network of servers. Data collected by advertising partners may also be held outside the European Economic Area. We endeavor to ensure that our vendors are compliant with all applicable privacy laws. We ensure that the data is adequately protected by ensuring that valid, legal mechanisms are in place such as: EU approved model clauses and implementing robust contractual standards. If you want more information relating to the nature of the safeguards we have in place, please email email@example.com. The United States, and other countries, have not received an adequacy decision from authorities within the European Union and thus your information may not be subject to the same level of protection as is offered within the European Union. By agreeing to allow Gnarlywood, LLC to transfer your data outside of the EEA, you are granting your explicit consent to the transfer of such data with full knowledge of the fact that data protection will differ in different jurisdictions and may not offer the same level of protection as offered in the European Union.
Does Gnarlywood, LLC use my personal data for any other purpose?
We may use material that you post on the open access areas of Gnarlywood’s website in advertising and promotional materials on our partner sites and partner products. We believe these uses are in line with our legitimate interests in enabling us to improve our site and better tailor your online experience to meet your needs. If we intend to do this, we will contact you for your prior approval.
From time to time we may run surveys for research purposes, and we may contact you to find out if you would like to take part. We may also contact you to find out if you would like to take part in marketing campaigns. Such surveys and marketing campaigns are optional, and more information will be provided at the point of contact. We may also contact you for feedback purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted to take part in a survey or marketing campaign, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use your personal data to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Under EU and UK data protection laws, we are only permitted to use your data when we have a lawful basis to do so. The table below provides an overview of the legal bases that we rely on to use your data. Where the legal basis is consent, you can withdraw consent at any time. Where the legal basis is legitimate interests, you have a right to object to our use of your data. We explain in the relevant sections in this Policy how you can withdraw consent or opt-out of certain data uses (where applicable).
Purpose for which data is used Data Source Legal basis
To verify your identity and prevent fraud and to ensure the safety and security of Users Phone number, Passport or Government Issued Identification, and Selfie photograph for Facial Recognition (CCPA Category B) You provide this information to us Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that accounts are not set up fraudulently and to safeguard Users of the site
To take payment for premium services Payment card details (CCPA Categories B and D) You provide this information to us Contractual necessity and legitimate interests – we have a legitimate interest in receiving payment for our premium services
To send you marketing information about our offers and services Email address and mobile phone number (CCPA Category B) You provide this information to us Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to promote our products and services
To carry out research and analysis to help us improve the Website Log and usage data, including IP address, browser type, referring domain, pages accessed, mobile carrier and search terms (CCPA Category F) We obtain this information from the device that you use to access the service Legitimate interests – it is in our interests to analyze the way in which Users are accessing and using our services so that we can further develop the App and improve the service
To respond to correspondence and queries that you submit to us, including social media queries Email address and IP address, social media name, phone number (CCPA Categories B and F) You provide your email address, social media name and phone number to us when you contact us, and we obtain your IP address from the device that you use to contact us Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to respond to your queries to ensure that we provide a good service to Users and troubleshoot problems
To block accounts as part of our anti-spam procedures Email address, phone number, IP address and IP session information, social network ID, username, user agent string (CCPA Categories B and F) You provide your email address, phone number and username to us. We obtain the other information from the device that you use to access the service Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to prevent unauthorized behavior and to maintain the safety and security of our services
To block payment transactions as part of our anti-fraud procedures Name, IP address, email address, mobile number, cardholder name, payments received, type of payment, user ID, country (CCPA Categories, A, B, and D) You provide your name, email address, mobile number and card details to us. We obtain your IP address from the device that you use to contact us. We obtain your payment information from your interactions with our service Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to prevent fraudulent transactions and to maintain the security of our services
To contact you in order to run surveys for research purposes and to obtain feedback, and to find out if you want to take part in marketing campaigns Email address and mobile phone number (CCPA Category B) You provide this information to us Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to carry out research so that we can further develop the website and improve the service
To defend legal claims, protect legal rights and to protect people from harm This could include any information that is relevant to the issue This information may be obtained directly from you, from your device or from third parties, depending on the information involved Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to protect our legal rights, defend legal claims and to protect our users and third parties from harm
2081 Faraday Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at email@example.com or at our address listed herein.